A delegation of government led by the Minister for Youth and Sports, Isaac Asiamah, met with a delegation of FIFA officials led by its President, Mr Gianni Infantino, on Thursday, August 16, 2018 to discuss the way forward to reform football in the country.
The Deputy Chief of Staff, Mr. Samuel A.Jinapor, the Minister for Information designate, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the Deputy-Attorney General, Mr. Godfred Yeboah Dame, and Dr. Kofi Amoah, head of the FIFA/CAF liaison team were other individuals of government delegation.
- Withdraw liquidation process of GFA, or be suspended with immediate effect; FIFA to Ghana
- FIFA’s caution; no cause for alarm – Foh-Amoaning
FIFA delegation on the other hand also included the Secretary General, Madam Fatma Samoura, and other representatives of the FIFA administration.
The meeting between the two delegations resolved as follows:
1. The Presidents of Ghana and FIFA have committed to work together to offer leadership in reforming football administration in Ghana and in Africa;
2. That the GoG and FIFA shall work closely to eradicate corruption and malfeasance and other associated criminal conduct from the administration of football in Ghana;
3. The GoG and FIFA shall establish a joint task force to create proper disciplinary, governance and auditing mechanisms as well as ensure that persons who are found culpable are punished in accordance with Ghanaian domestic laws and FIFA statutes;
4. FIFA upon consultation with the GoG and CAF shall establish a normalization committee to replace the Executive Committee of the Ghana Football Association;
5. FIFA in consultation with the GoG and CAF shall appoint persons with integrity and competence to constitute the membership of the normalization committee;
6. Satisfied with the above measures, the GoG shall take steps to discontinue the process for the winding up of the Ghana Football Association.